WAYS has implemented new procedures and guidelines in response to the current pandemic in order to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. We ask that all players, families, and coaches follow these guidelines as they are for everyone’s safety. All players must have a signed waiver completed before they will be allowed to participate in training. Please sign the last page and turn in to your coach. You should keep the first two pages for reference.
New Procedures for Travel Team Training Sessions
· Players should plan to arrive about 15 minutes before practice start time to complete the health screening process before entering the field.
· Players should arrive at practice with their shin guards and cleats already on. Players should only bring a water bottle, ball, and any needed meds (ex: inhaler). Please do not bring any bags at this time. Water bottle and ball should be labeled with the player’s name. Goalies can bring their own goalie gloves (labeled with name). Players and families will be responsible for sanitizing personal equipment after each training session.
· All staff, players, and spectators are required to self-screen for observable illness including cough or respiratory distress, and to confirm temperatures are below 100° F. If you know your player is ill or has a temperature, please keep them home.
· Coaches or Field Marshal MUST verify that each participant, parent, referee, and spectator has self-screened upon arrival.
· Upon arrival at training, players should stay in their car until they approach the field marshal. As players exit their vehicles, the field marshals or coaches will take each player’s temperature before they are allowed on the field. Anyone with a temperature above 100°F will not be permitted to participate in the event and will be asked to leave with their parent. Parents are not to leave the parking lot until their child’s temperature has been taken and they are cleared to play. Any player with a fever must be fever-free (unmedicated) for 24 hours before returning to play.
· Parents are not allowed to stay at the field for practice. Players must be dropped off. Parents may stay in their vehicles in the parking lot but will not be allowed to congregate in the parking lot or on the field at any time.
· Players are not required to wear face masks during training activities but must wear one when entering and exiting the field. Players must also wear one when on the sidelines if 6 ft distances can not be maintained. Coaches will be required to wear face masks.
· Tissues, wipes, gloves, etc must be properly disposed of in the appropriate receptacles.
· Players must leave the field immediately after the training session ends. Please do not gather on the field or in the parking lot.
Player/Family Exposure Procedures
· If a player, family member, or someone a family member is in contact with has contracted COVID-19, your child should stay home in quarantine for 2 weeks. Our Health and Safety Coordinator (Matt Lemos) must be notified immediately at [email protected]
· If your child shows symptoms of COVID-19, they should stay home (or they will be sent home) and you should contact their health provider.
· You child will not be allowed to return to training until cleared by a healthcare provider. A doctor’s note must be provided to our Health and Safety Coordinator.
· Any player returning to CT after traveling to a highly infected state (as noted by the CT government) will not be allowed to return to play until they have been quarantined for 14 days. Currently these states include Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Utah, and Texas.
Player/Team Exposure Procedures
· If a player or coach contracts COVID-19, all training sessions will be suspended for that team for 14 days. If the coach is associated with any other team, that team will also have training suspended for 14 days.
Other Guidelines Currently In Place
· WAYS will have hand sanitizer on hand at every training session.
· No physical contact – no high-fives, fist bumps, or hugs.
· There can be no shared food or beverages at any event (ex: water, oranges, cupcakes, etc.)
· No team events outside of training sessions (ex: meals or sleepovers)
· We discourage carpooling if possible
· There is to be no use of pinnies until further notice.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time. WAYS will update coaches, players, and parents if changes are made. We ask that everyone does their part and is respectful of these rules that we have put in place as they are for the safety of our entire organization. Please do not put our volunteers in a position where they have to ask you to leave.
COVID-19 Waiver v30460
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in any program, event, or activity sponsored or authorized by Connecticut Junior Soccer Association, Inc. and/or any affiliated member, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that: I am aware there are risks to me of exposure to, directly or indirectly, arising out of, contributed to, by, or resulting from an outbreak of any and all communicable diseases, including but not limited to, the virus “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)”, which is responsible for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CONNECTICUT JUNIOR SOCCCER ASSOCIATION, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATED MEMBERS, and their respective officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct any program, event, or activity (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any ILLNESS, INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Any questions can be referred to the WAYS board at [email protected] or to our WAYS Health and Safety Coordinator, Matt Lemos, at [email protected]
Updated June 24, 2020