(These rules originate from the CJSA Phase 3 recommendations)
Games / Matches / Friendlies / Controlled Scrimmages
· Opponent must be part of an organization that is Phase 3 certified.
· Opponent must be communicated to WAYS Travel Coordinator one week prior to match so that WAYS can verify the opponent’s Phase 3 certification. If the opponent is not Phase 3 certified, the match will NOT be allowed to occur.
· Coach will provide these guidelines to the opponent, and copy the WAYS Travel Coordinator, to ensure the opponent will abide by our guidelines. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
· Out of state travel is prohibited, regardless of game or tournament
· Everyone must adhere to social distancing recommendations when participants are not playing (on the bench, sideline, etc.)
· Players must wear masks when not playing and on the bench.
· Coaches to wear masks.
· Consider COVID-19 case activity level and risk in those communities when making travel decisions.
· Teams and referees are not to engage in traditional sportsmanship gestures, such as post-match handshakes. – Teams are encouraged to find new ways to show sportsmanship.
· If spectators do attend, they should limit the retrieval of soccer balls should they go out of play and let the players retrieve the ball.
· Minimize crowding at games. For example, field space must be large enough to provide for social distancing for all in attendance; spectators must be distanced from the field, provide separate entrances and exits and space out practice and game times.
· ATTENDANCE NUMBERS WILL BE LIMITED FOR EVERY MATCH AT THIS TIME.
o UNICO FIELD – Matches will have a limit of 50 total people in attendance allowed. This includes players, coaches, referees and spectators. As such, only 1 spectator per player will be permitted to attend.
o WATERTOWN HS, SWIFT MS, VETERAN’S PARK FIELDS – Matches will have a limit of 100 total people in attendance allowed. This includes players, coaches, referees and spectators. As such, only 2 spectators per player will be permitted to attend.
o Spectators are encouraged to watch from their cars when possible – i.e. – Swift MS parking lot spaces permit this to occur easily.
· Spectators must follow social distancing recommendations including the wearing of masks as well as maintaining at least 6 feet of physical distance from each household. This includes from Assistant Referees. If a spectator is not wearing a mask they will be asked to leave the field.
· Stagger start of games to ensure that there is the possibility for social distancing amongst all spectators if they are present.
· PLAYERS AND COACHES TEMPERATURES WILL BE TAKEN PRIOR TO MATCH BEING PLAYED. Each WAYS travel team will have 2 designated temp takers so that there is someone trained and available to do this prior to each match. A temp taker will be posted next to parking lot on grass prior to field area at each field. There will be a flag there so players and coaches know where to go first. Players/Coaches who have a temp of 100.0 degrees or higher will not be permitted on the field and need to leave.
· Game balls must be sanitized at halftime of all games and after games.
· Any benches must be sanitized after each game.
· Don’t share equipment or water.
· In an effort to communicate in a safe manner – setup a staging area outside of the field (or a designated area inside the field) where players place their belongings and water. This should also be where the coach communicates with the players while socially distanced.
· Parents are not to bring food to share among players – i.e. fruit slices, cupcakes, etc.